The North Cornwall Railway
Fish was an important traffic on the North Cornwall and here is an early photograph showing A12
class 0-4-2 locomotive º636 with a train of vans in the Fish Dock road.
Bagnall N° 1663 of 1902, "Sir TJ Firbank" with
wagons on the Delabole Quarry's 1' 11" system in the early years
of the 20th Century. This loco, and two earlier Hunslets, "E Jago"
and "John Allen" of 1879, were taken out of service during the First
World War and were finally scrapped around 1930, having been replaced by two
petrol driven locomotives during the 1920s, one of which can be seen today at
Delabole. The Guard rode on the footplate and leapt off when required to
operate the points or couple/uncouple the wagons
A Padstow bound mixed train crosses Little Petherick Creek on a
sunny day during 1964, the last year of steam operation.